The Intensive Behavioral Treatment (IBT) program is a comprehensive model incorporating evidence-based behavior modification practices and a multidisciplinary team approach.
IBT is designed to be a portable and adaptive program that can be used in many different types of residential settings.
The central components of IBT are:
- personal accountability for behavior
- systematic staff monitoring of behavior across settings
- immediate feedback from staff to the residents
- positive reinforcement for appropriate behavior, and
- ability to leverage both short-term and long-term incentives.
Ultimately, IBT is designed to improve the quality of rehabilitation services we provide to youth in juvenile correctional facilities.