The Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (HCJPD) has four (4) facilities that house youth ages 10-17. Our primary focus is to provide a safe and secure environment for the youth we serve. Our staff collaborates with multiple agencies to provide services to meet the needs of the youth and their families. We strive to mentor and advocate for youth and equip them with all the necessary tools and resources for a greater chance at success.
Key program components include:
- A comprehensive assessment and an individualized treatment approach that addresses behavioral, educational, mental health, medical and substance abuse needs.
- Academic programs that provide a wide variety of opportunities including special education, GED testing, and vocational training.
- Wrap around services that are introduced during a youth’s stay and continue after release to provide additional support to the family.
- Volunteer and staff programs, many of which are evidence based, that introduce changes in thinking, promote vital social skills, and reinforce rehabilitation efforts.
- Collaborative efforts between facility staff and the youth’s family to increase the chances of the youth’s successful reintegration into the community.