Juvenile Records

Juvenile Records Requests

Juvenile records and documents may be requested through Harris County
Juvenile Probation Department’s Custodian of Records.

By Mail

Juvenile Justice Center
Custodian of Records
1200 Congress St.
Houston, TX 77002
By Phone

(713) 222-4163
By Fax

713) 222-4387 
In Person*

Juvenile Justice Center
3rd Floor Reception Desk
1200 Congress St.
Houston, TX 77002

*M-F from 8:30am-4:30pm

Juvenile Records Sealing Programs

The Houston Volunteer Lawyers Juvenile Sealing Project
     • Visit Make Justice Happen,
     • Email [email protected],
     • Or call (713) 228-0735.

The  Earl Carl Institute - Juvenile Justice Project
     • Visit ECI Juvenile Justice Project
     • Or call (713) 313-1130.

*These programs are at no cost to qualifying juveniles.

School Records Requests

Excel Academy Charter School

Young people residing at the Juvenile Justice Center, (JJC) Harris County Youth Village, (HCYV) or Harris County Leadership Academy, (HCLA) and students who attend class at the Education Transition Center, (ETC) are enrolled in Excel Academy Charter School. To request Excel Academy Charter School records, contact the Data Specialist with the campus most recently attended by the student.

     • Education Transition Center — (713) 222-4577 or (713) 222-4595
     • Juvenile Justice Center — (713) 222-4357 or (713) 222-4923
     • Harris County Leadership Academy — (713) 222-4643
     • Harris County Youth Village — (713) 222-4787

Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program

Students expelled from their local, home campus attend the Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (JJAEP) if they do not reside at an HCJPD facility (HCLA, HCYV, or the JJC.) To request JJAEP school records, contact the registrar at (713) 669-0799, ext. 115.

Other Juvenile Records & Sealing Resources